Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Springs....second round.

Page 1 of 1 1
Springs....second round.
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/10/2006 7:54 PM
Ze Bocaina

Date registered: Dec 1899
Springs....second round.

Unfortunately to my GE 300 chassi its impossible to have front yellow ( thats the standard) and rear yellow combination. The rear yellow ( for a chassi number bigest than 81000- not my case) and the rear yellow orange fits but mercedes doesnt give warranty ( as i understood if i will have problems in other suspension parts or in the springs itselves).

My options are front : yellow ; brown ; yellow /orange ; white

rear : green ( i think 1 /2 strokes) ; white.

As i have front brown 2 strokes and rear yellow /orange 2 strokes , in my LWB G 500 , and it works like a swiss clock (on and off road) it sounds me strange to have strongest springs in a truck with less 600 kg like my GE 300 cabrio .

A little bit confuse.....

Edited by Ze Bocaina 7/10/2006 7:58 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BHEPC Print.pdf (8KB - 20 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/11/2006 2:52 AM
dai
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 300GD 300TD BMW R100RS Landini 80F
Re: Springs....second round.

Ze, I don't think there would be any problem running Yellow, Yellow/orange, Brown, or White in the rear. There is an progression of firmer springs there and any one of these choices should be OK. Mercedes would not give any warranty for anything related to my truck that I know of. Some springs may not be availabe so your choices could be limited because of that.

-Dai
#30374 - in reply to #30289
Author
Posted 7/11/2006 6:18 AM
amzimmy
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): GD300 1981, Alfa GT 3,2 V6, Alfa Brera Q4 3,2 V6.

Ze, this is an additional chart, maybe will give you more inside info .......or ......"confuss" you even more .

I was lucky to be able to get some springs to experiment on my truck, from yellow/orange, red/red, lilac, white/white etc. and the best solution for my truck was white/white front and back. Specifically I concentrated to retain some sort of logistics for the application to front and rear, in other words to keep an even balance especially in cornering to get away from the front or rear "kneeling" effect and good off-road capability. This was achieved with white/white front and rear. Remember that the shocks must be designed for the springs value!

http://www.koni4x4.com/products.php?todo=search&category=25&brand=1...

I know that it is rather difficult if one does not have the "right Connection" to be able to experiment with different springs........the tideous part was to remove and refit the different springs.....but at the end it was successful

Hope you come right

amzimmy

(Copy of Springs 460-463.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Copy of Springs 460-463.jpg (52KB - 12 downloads)
#30382 - in reply to #30374
Author
Posted 7/18/2006 11:46 AM
thairish

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 461: 230ge/swb & g300cdi/lwb

hey z.

what springs did you end up going with? curious

cheers
dd