Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Oh dear vibration!

Page 1 of 1 1
Oh dear vibration!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 8:38 AM
robvandijk

Date registered: Dec 1899
Oh dear vibration!

I have a strange vibration in the G when I hit 80 km/h. doesn't feel it in the steeringwheel but the entire car starts to vibrate! think u joints in the front axle are also worn out G makes weird clicking sound in the corners when I drive at constant speed. can these also cause the vibrations or is the driveshaft also suspect. Revision in Holland costs about 295 euros ex tax for complete driveshaft. please help!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 9:27 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: Oh dear vibration!

robvandijk - 8/8/2006 8:38 AM

I have a strange vibration in the G when I hit 80 km/h. doesn't feel it in the steeringwheel but the entire car starts to vibrate! think u joints in the front axle are also worn out G makes weird clicking sound in the corners when I drive at constant speed. can these also cause the vibrations or is the driveshaft also suspect. Revision in Holland costs about 295 euros ex tax for complete driveshaft. please help!

Rob,

The clicking sound in the corners is almost certainly CV joints in the front axle. If you have to open it up to replace those, please do the front wheel bearings at the same time, too.

Here is a good website for diagnosing vibrations:

http://www.vinthers.dk/troubles.htm

Also, please complete your "My Profile" to tell us where you're located. Thanks and good luck!
#36380 - in reply to #36374
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1