Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W164 & W166 M-Class : Should I send this to MB?

Page 2 of 2 12
Should I send this to MB?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 3:21 PM
Dimitriss

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Should I send this to MB?

Thanks Wolfgang. I'm getting all my ducks in a row awaiting the service folks' response in a few days. I also called MB to tell them about the problem and investigate a refund. They shot me down of course, referring me to the regional service manager, but at least I am on record with them. They did pull up my file and mentioned the problem was corrected three weeks ago. Now that it's happened again, they're saying they will contact the dealer and "follow up".

I don't know if there are any fault codes, but no warning lights came on. I've read both the TSB articles you're referncing and I'm not sure they necessarily apply. Unfortunately, since this is an intermittent problem, I'm not very optimistic they'll find it, even if they drive the car 100 miles (which I had to give them permission to).

I've also contacted a couple of attorneys and I'll be waiting to see how things turn out. Too bad, the car is great, but I can't have a safety concern like that. I hope it doesn't take an accident to prove my point.
#15077 - in reply to #4999
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/31/2006 12:26 PM
firstmb

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Should I send this to MB?

Dimitriss: Any latest updates, did the lemon law thing worked out. Keep us updated.
#17966 - in reply to #4999
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12