Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : 12 V under instrument panel............

Page 1 of 1 1
12 V under instrument panel............
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 2/23/2007 11:20 AM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
12 V under instrument panel............

12 volt under the instrument panel...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine has been out for a while, so l checked my manual, then checked under the hood and only saw the fuse for the rear 12 V.....My front 12 V doesn't work, but my rear one does...what gives...any thoughts??????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 2/23/2007 2:12 PM
Marcelc

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: 12 V under instrument panel............

C-Rod - 2/23/2007 4:20 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine has been out for a while, so l checked my manual, then checked under the hood and only saw the fuse for the rear 12 V.....My front 12 V doesn't work, but my rear one does...what gives...any thoughts??????

I think the fuse for that is by the passenger/driver right/left foot - I cannot tell which it is on yours because mine is a right-hand drive ML (and and the supplementary fuse box is by the driver's right foot, i.e. on the right of the ML).

I used that fuse as a tap-in point for my hand held GPS wire.

Incidentally, for the record, I would appreciate being told which side the supplementary fuse box is on a left-hand drive vehicle, thanks in advance.

#64879 - in reply to #64869
Author
Posted 2/23/2007 10:35 PM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
RE: 12 V under instrument panel............

Marcelc - 2/23/2007 2:12 PM

C-Rod - 2/23/2007 4:20 PM

I think the fuse for that is by the passenger/driver right/left foot - I cannot tell which it is on yours because mine is a right-hand drive ML (and and the supplementary fuse box is by the driver's right foot, i.e. on the right of the ML).

I used that fuse as a tap-in point for my hand held GPS wire.

Incidentally, for the record, I would appreciate being told which side the supplementary fuse box is on a left-hand drive vehicle, thanks in advance.

Thanks so much.......you were correct, it was in the other fuse panel, which by the way, over here in North America is on the passenger's side..in the footwell area.....Both my 12V cigarette socket and my 12V passenger footwell socket were burnt out..so l replaced a 15a fuse and a 20a fuse....Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!
#64947 - in reply to #64879
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1