Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Ok, it's my turn for brakes

Page 1 of 1 1
Ok, it's my turn for brakes
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 2/28/2007 10:50 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
Ok, it's my turn for brakes

The rears on my 500 will need replacement soon - like in 4K, and I turned dowm the OEM stuff becasue of the noise during cold weather. I've not yet read anything aftermarket that'll do the job. Someone told me to get Akibuto pads - are they really that good? Anyone used them on a 500 and how did they perform. Also, if you've recently done a break job with OEM pads, you probably have the redesigned/reformulated ones. Post your experience in cold weather. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/1/2007 4:06 PM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
RE: Ok, it's my turn for brakes

Darkmann - 2/28/2007 10:50 PM

The rears on my 500 will need replacement soon - like in 4K, and I turned dowm the OEM stuff becasue of the noise during cold weather. I've not yet read anything aftermarket that'll do the job. Someone told me to get Akibuto pads - are they really that good? Anyone used them on a 500 and how did they perform. Also, if you've recently done a break job with OEM pads, you probably have the redesigned/reformulated ones. Post your experience in cold weather. Thanks.

Hey "D".......

l had my brakes done about six months ago....what a difference..They went with the updated pads....Trust me, up here in the Ontario area, we have been getting hammered with cold weather and quite a bit of snow....all has been dead quiet........
Here are some numbers.........as per the my last bill.......
Perform as per TSB 804 revised group 42.10
1- 163-420-11-20- Brake pads.
2- 001-989-94-51- Brake paste.
l'm sure as well, that these numbers are on Wolfgang's site...take a peek....l hope this helps....
#65573 - in reply to #65521
Author
Posted 3/2/2007 2:58 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Ok, it's my turn for brakes

Thanks C-Rod. I'll ask my SA if they have the latest stuff. I'm glad to hear they don't squeal in cold weather. I hope they have finally resolved the issue.
#65680 - in reply to #65573
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1