Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : What a Jacked-up MESS!

Page 1 of 1 1
What a Jacked-up MESS!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/4/2007 2:07 PM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew
What a Jacked-up MESS!

Well, after consulting our resident information meister, Wolfgang, I decided to tackle the mystery entertainment system glitch I had. My LCD screen was displaying alternating colors and weird sh^t. The automotive audio store told me to disconnect the module that is somewhere in the vehicle, to reset it. Paul's site, which Wolfgang has a link to, said the module was under the glove box.

So with confidence and screwdriver in hand, I remove the glove box only to see an empty space where the module was supposed to be. Nothing. Zilch. So, I realized I was dealing with a slip shod installation job, but, oh, it gets better. I'm tracing cords and I see one go under where the cabin air filter is. Aha! I think. So I remove the cover and . . . I only find the FM modulator! WTF? Where's the module?? So, I continued to trace cords and see them go through the carpet to what appears, through the firewall, but there is no video module mounted in the engine compartment. Where was it?? Behind the carpet in the passenger footwell! And what a mess it was. It looked like a third grader installed it. What had happened was when a passenger had or would get in, they'd take their feet and press up against this module. Over time, it had cockeyed one of the plugs to where it was half plugged in. I reset everything and all is well. The little girl gets to watch her Sesame Street!

MB of Houston installed this system. I'd like to take it out and beat them over the head with it. While I may understand what they were trying to do, no one could have thought about someone's feet stomping on the module. I'm redoing this later and putting it where it belongs. Paul's site WAS a big help because I got to see what I was looking for. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/4/2007 2:14 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: What a Jacked-up MESS!

Pics? I want to see this. Looks interesting.
#65877 - in reply to #65876
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1