Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Squeaking from the engine bay.

Page 1 of 1 1
Squeaking from the engine bay.
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/26/2007 9:55 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
Squeaking from the engine bay.

While in reverse gear there is some sort of squeaking noise coming from the engine area. I haven't had a chance to check it while in drive.

I'll get a video of it maybe on Saturday so you can get an idea. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/27/2007 11:27 PM
Darkmann

RE: Squeaking from the engine bay.

You never did confirm the other squeaky problem you had - cracking or squeaking problem. Is this same or unrelated? I certainly don't like things that squeak in R, unless it's brakes!!!
#71876 - in reply to #71724
Author
Posted 4/27/2007 11:51 PM
AsianML

Darkmann - 4/27/2007 11:27 PM You never did confirm the other squeaky problem you had - cracking or squeaking problem. Is this same or unrelated? I certainly don't like things that squeak in R, unless it's brakes!!!
The squeaking noise in the rear is gone. Probably something that's temperature sensitive, maybe cracking a little in the cold, dry winter air, causing it to squeak. But since it doesn't squeak anymore, I can't pinpoint it.

The new squeaking in the engine bay seems temperature sensitive. I don't know if it's a squeaking more than a screeching. When the engine temp is up, it's gone, though. So I'll have to record it in the morning.

BTW, anyone have pics of the torsion bars, bushings, and all that good stuff? What stuff do you recommend to lube it? And lastly, a link to the Duvall Motorcars site with the e-box fan? The fan still works, but I have a feeling it'll crap out soon, and I'd rather have it on hand and replace it away, especially now that it's warming up.

Thanks.  

#71879 - in reply to #71876
Author
Posted 4/29/2007 9:47 AM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew

AsianML - 4/27/2007 10:51 PM

Darkmann - 4/27/2007 11:27 PM You never did confirm the other squeaky problem you had - cracking or squeaking problem. Is this same or unrelated? I certainly don't like things that squeak in R, unless it's brakes!!!
The squeaking noise in the rear is gone. Probably something that's temperature sensitive, maybe cracking a little in the cold, dry winter air, causing it to squeak. But since it doesn't squeak anymore, I can't pinpoint it.

The new squeaking in the engine bay seems temperature sensitive. I don't know if it's a squeaking more than a screeching. When the engine temp is up, it's gone, though. So I'll have to record it in the morning.

BTW, anyone have pics of the torsion bars, bushings, and all that good stuff? What stuff do you recommend to lube it? And lastly, a link to the Duvall Motorcars site with the e-box fan? The fan still works, but I have a feeling it'll crap out soon, and I'd rather have it on hand and replace it away, especially now that it's warming up.

Thanks.

Duval Motors link for parts is: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213951

You will need to put in a parts request for ebox fan because it's not listed in their catalog. Supply them with your VIN. Also, the drawing you requested for the torsion bar along with the Star Bulletin dealing with the noise issue:

(TorsionBarPic.jpg)

(TorsionStarB.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TorsionBarPic.jpg (62KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments TorsionStarB.jpg (158KB - 6 downloads)
#72037 - in reply to #71879
Author
Posted 4/29/2007 10:26 AM
AsianML

Re: Squeaking from the engine bay.

Thanks cmitch!!
#72040 - in reply to #72037
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1