Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Chassis & suspenison lube?

Page 1 of 1 1
Chassis & suspenison lube?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/27/2007 8:39 PM
phoenix44

Date registered: Dec 1899
Chassis & suspenison lube?

So, it's Spring and all the snow is finally gone and it's time to do a spring check up.

Are there grease fittings that can be lubed on the suspension, ball joints etc, or are they all sealed?

Any points that should be sprayed or greased?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/27/2007 11:25 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Chassis & suspenison lube?

Definitely lube the poly bushings in the rear. The torsion bar bushings should also be lubed. Hopefully more responses will point out other lube points.
#71874 - in reply to #71855
Author
Posted 5/6/2007 1:11 AM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
RE: Chassis & suspenison lube?

Hey "P"..l just had my front lower ball joints done and what a difference....no more squeaking....With a 118,000 km's on the dial...it needed it...Actually in the last few months since she been paid off, l have had my front brakes done...the aforementioned front lower ball joints and all the bushings in the front done..sway bar bushings as well as control arm bushings...lt was funny, when l was having the work done at the dealership to see all the seizure'a underneath, l'm assuming that added a bit to the squeaking..but all is well now....l plan on having all my fluids changed tranny, transfer case, and front and rear differentials..that should keep me for a while...l tried the silicone lubricants for a while, but some squeaks would still come back..so l bit the bullet and the "55"..is roaring again..............
#73066 - in reply to #71855
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1