Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Update on the wife's new car

Page 1 of 1 1
Update on the wife's new car
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 3:05 PM
rudeney

Date registered: Dec 1899
Update on the wife's new car

As you may remember, the lease on the wife’s Audi is up and she was going to get an SUV.  She had narrowed it down to the Touareg and the Infiniti FX (yeah, I know, not quite the same, but it is  *her* car).  Anyhow, with gas prices going up, she decided she just wasn’t ready to make the switch from sports car to “truck”, so we had to start over.  We narrowed it down to the Lexus IS, Acura TL and Infiniti G35. 

Well, we just got back from picking up her new IS250.  It’s a decent car, more fun to drive than most Lexus vehicles.  We debated about getting the powerful IS350, but she said she could live with the extra trade of an extra 2 seconds on 0-60 time for the extra 4 MPG in fuel economy.

So, this means I keep the an SUV.  My plan is to sell the ML320 and trade up to a 2002 or 2003 ML55.  If I sell mine and can’t find what I want, then I’ll go for a 2003+ ML500. 

So, anyone wanna buy a slightly used 2001 ML320?;)

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 3:19 PM
pleubner

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164
RE: Update on the wife's new car

Rodney,

You forgot to mention "Well looked after", "Technically sound" !.

#7166 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 4:20 PM
roadsession

rudeney - 5/2/2006 3:05 PM

As you may remember, the lease on the wife’s Audi is up and she was going to get an SUV.  She had narrowed it down to the Touareg and the Infiniti FX (yeah, I know, not quite the same, but it is  *her* car).  Anyhow, with gas prices going up, she decided she just wasn’t ready to make the switch from sports car to “truck”, so we had to start over.  We narrowed it down to the Lexus IS, Acura TL and Infiniti G35. 

Well, we just got back from picking up her new IS250.  It’s a decent car, more fun to drive than most Lexus vehicles.  We debated about getting the powerful IS350, but she said she could live with the extra trade of an extra 2 seconds on 0-60 time for the extra 4 MPG in fuel economy.

So, this means I keep the an SUV.  My plan is to sell the ML320 and trade up to a 2002 or 2003 ML55.  If I sell mine and can’t find what I want, then I’ll go for a 2003+ ML500. 

Very fine choice - the IS250

BTW: here you are:

http://www.crownautomobile.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=Pre-Owned...
#7182 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 4:20 PM
alroumi

Re: Update on the wife's new car

Great idea if your going to an Ml55 2003 model
#7183 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 5:17 PM
AndrewAZ

rudeney - 5/2/2006 12:05 PM

I like how you are concerned about MPG on your new car but yet talk about getting an ML 55 AMG lol The 55 will eat gas so fast since it will be so much fun to redline it everyday.
#7221 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 5:52 PM
rudeney

AndrewAZ - 5/2/2006 4:17 PM

I like how you are concerned about MPG on your new car but yet talk about getting an ML 55 AMG lol The 55 will eat gas so fast since it will be so much fun to redline it everyday.

LOL!  I’m not concerned about MPG – it’s my wife.  Besides, I’ll bet my ML320 is not that much more efficient than the ML55.  I have a super double-secret custom ECM program that is definitely not tuned for mileage.  I get about 14 in town and 21 on the highway (downhill with a tailwind).

#7255 - in reply to #7221
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 6:26 PM
AsianML

Awesome choice rudeney. The three that you chose from, my all time favorite, affordable, yet fun cars. Glad your wife chose the Lexus. Your wife gonna join the Lexus forums? I'll be waiting, hehe, I'm already a member.
#7274 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/2/2006 11:46 PM
JohnL

rudeney - 5/2/2006 12:05 PM

Excellent choice on your next ML, that's exactly what I would do. 

#7591 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 2:10 PM
rudeney

AsianML - 5/2/2006 5:26 PM Awesome choice rudeney. The three that you chose from, my all time favorite, affordable, yet fun cars. Glad your wife chose the Lexus. Your wife gonna join the Lexus forums? I'll be waiting, hehe, I'm already a member. :laugh:

Asian, are you thinking about hitting on my wife in the Lexus forums?  LOL! You realize we are old enough to be your parents (nearly old enough to be your grandparents – we already have an 11yo granddaughter!)   Regardless, my wife is not much for online interaction.  In fact, she’s not much of a “car” person, although it’s funny because she always picks the sportiest-driving cars out of all of her choices and she hates the mushy Buick-like ride of most Lexus vehicles.  I’ve been poking around on Club Lexus just to see if there’s any good info on the IS (which there isn’t – everything they discuss is in the owner’s manual).  Is that the forum you’d recommend, or is there another better one?

#7811 - in reply to #7274
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 2:51 PM
AndrewAZ

rudeney - 5/3/2006 11:10 AM

AsianML - 5/2/2006 5:26 PM Awesome choice rudeney. The three that you chose from, my all time favorite, affordable, yet fun cars. Glad your wife chose the Lexus. Your wife gonna join the Lexus forums? I'll be waiting, hehe, I'm already a member. :laugh:

Asian, are you thinking about hitting on my wife in the Lexus forums?  LOL! You realize we are old enough to be your parents (nearly old enough to be your grandparents – we already have an 11yo granddaughter!)   Regardless, my wife is not much for online interaction.  In fact, she’s not much of a “car” person, although it’s funny because she always picks the sportiest-driving cars out of all of her choices and she hates the mushy Buick-like ride of most Lexus vehicles.  I’ve been poking around on Club Lexus just to see if there’s any good info on the IS (which there isn’t – everything they discuss is in the owner’s manual).  Is that the forum you’d recommend, or is there another better one?

AsianMl do you even have a lexus lol....
#7826 - in reply to #7811
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 4:15 PM
ttaleric

Yeah a Hot Wheels RX...
#7874 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 4:15 PM
AsianML

^^^No. but neither do half of the mods there. Smae with MBWorld. Some own either Lexus. The Super Mod/Limited Admin has a BMW. But his dad has an SL500.

Rudeney, now why would I hit on your wife? Just asking so I could show her around the place :D. Full of 20 year olds that have no respect toward other members. And yes ClubLexus is what I was referring to.
#7877 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 8:39 PM
Noodles

Rodney, I have driven the IS350 and it seemed like a well balanced sedan
I am sure the 250 is just as balanced. I think she made a good choice.
#8046 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 10:48 AM
rudeney

Noodles - 5/3/2006 7:39 PM Rodney, I have driven the IS350 and it seemed like a well balanced sedan I am sure the 250 is just as balanced. I think she made a good choice.

We drove both.   The IS350 has wonderful acceleration (0-60 in under 6 seconds).  Other than that and a more advance stability control system, it’s the same.  She decided she did not need the power, especially for $4K more and –4MPG fuel economy.  Then again, yesterday she said she missed the power of the Audi (women!).  It does drive well, but does not feel as secure and sporty as a C230.  We actually considered a C230 until she found she could not get a tan interior (C-Class sport models come only in black or gray).  In fact, she had to compromise on the IS.  She really wanted silver with a tan interior, but they don’t make that combination so she went with charcoal and tan.

#8359 - in reply to #8046
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 11:33 AM
ttaleric

Rodney, lets see some shots of the IS beside the ML
#8369 - in reply to #7164
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 7:55 PM
bocobod

Lexus IS is a fun car. Drove my friend's and it's just as fun as my wife's bimmer.
#8606 - in reply to #8369
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1