Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Unfortunate event..

Page 1 of 1 1
Unfortunate event..
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 4:22 PM
Mklasse

Date registered: Dec 1899
Unfortunate event..

Today I was caught up in a bad traffic congestion, and its usual in here that 2-lane road becomes 3 or 4 lanes.. (brainless drivers squeezing inbetweens). There was a public transport car (a minivan - not a bus like in NA - which drivers are famous to be reckless) coming from an intersection and merging in. I was a 2-lane road, but has become 4 lanes at that moment. My car wasn't moving and this minivan is trying to squeeze into a very tight space between my car and the curb. The idiot driver scrapped my front bumper with its rear bullbars and just drove away like nothing happened.

This is to give you the idea how bad is traffic here during the heavy congestions (pic is not taken by me, and its not the "scene of the crime" where this unfortunate events happened, i circled the bullbar i was talking about (the color of this public transport is vary depending on the route, the one scrapped my bumper was green with yellow bullbar

another example.. this picture is also not taken by me, credit for Mr.Pontoh from a local forum here. You can see the gap between his CR-V to that mini public vehicle (called bajaj here) is pretty tight..

and now.. the victim.. (took them with my crappy cameraphone.. )

I have to claim this to my insurance company on monday, and i will be car-less when this puppy spent a few days in the body shop (no, they dont have loaner cars here)

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 5:46 PM
AsianML

Re: Unfortunate event..

Ouch! Sorry to hear this Mklasse!! That stinks. I hear you about the traffic though. I couldn't believe how the drivers in Viet Nam managed to be on time when going places. With all the traffic and all that squeezing most of the time without touching another vehicle. And they say Asians are bad drivers.
#74998 - in reply to #74990
Author
Posted 5/23/2007 9:08 AM
Mklasse

RE: Unfortunate event..

The car is in the Mercedes body shop now.. they have to replace the bumper.. wondering if they're willing to replace the facelifted bumper.. hehe :P but then i have to change the rear bumper too or it would look weird :P
#75371 - in reply to #74990
Author
Posted 5/23/2007 3:35 PM
AsianML

Don't go getting yourself into another accident now.
#75414 - in reply to #74990
Author
Posted 5/28/2007 7:08 AM
Mklasse

AsianML - 5/24/2007 2:35 AM Don't go getting yourself into another accident now. :bigwink:

hahaha who wants to get into accident?? 

The bumper will be replaced as the original.. it'll take too long for them to fit the facelift bumper as modification is required right? not just plug and play.. the car is still in the shop now.. hopefully will be finished during this week. Still waiting for the bumper to arrive as they dont have it in stock (ML population here is not as much as C/E class)

#75928 - in reply to #75414
Author
Posted 6/1/2007 7:00 PM
DrX

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320

It appears that the M-class it not very popular in most of Southeast Asia. I was visiting Singapore for 2 days and did not see one ML the entire time. Seems that MB buyers there prefer the E-class. They don't know what they're missing.
#76835 - in reply to #75928
Author
Posted 6/1/2007 7:40 PM
AsianML

DrX - 6/1/2007 7:00 PM It appears that the M-class it not very popular in most of Southeast Asia. I was visiting Singapore for 2 days and did not see one ML the entire time. Seems that MB buyers there prefer the E-class. They don't know what they're missing.
When I was in Vietnam, the only MB SUVs I saw were an ML350 (W164) and GL450.
#76856 - in reply to #76835
Author
Posted 6/4/2007 10:50 AM
Mklasse

Hmm.. i got the car back.. everything is as good as new.
BUT.. the right rear door latch is having problem now, the door handle wouldn't retract fully and the door unlatch itself when i locked the doors (it didnt unlatch fully, but just half-unlatch).. the dealer told me to bring the car back tomorrow as everyone went home already when i picked it up. So more trips to the dealer tomorrow, i hope nothing is broken.
#77193 - in reply to #74990
Author
Posted 6/4/2007 11:46 AM
AsianML

Glad to hear they put it together well, but now the door handle has a problem. Tow totally unrelated things, wow.
#77206 - in reply to #77193
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1