Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Sunroof Drain Pipe Blocked

Page 1 of 1 1
Sunroof Drain Pipe Blocked
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/23/2007 9:04 AM
Marcelc

Date registered: Dec 1899
Sunroof Drain Pipe Blocked

I found the front passenger footwell soaking wet the other night after some heavy rain and diagnosed a blocked sunroof drain pipe.

I undid that corner of the headliner and the A-pillar cladding and was able to remove the drain pipe from the sun roof and blow whatever the blockage was out.

I got it all back without leaving any visible signs that I had been in there, but instead of being happy with myself, I could have kicked myself all round the ML, because I could have achieved the same results with an adaptor to my bike pump; I could have blown out the blockage from the top when the pipe is quite easily accessible if you stand on the front seat and look through the open sunroof.

Anyway, it took ages to dry it out and it is OK now, I am posting this here so that others may learn from my mistake. I spent 90 minutes in the dark struggling with the door seals, the headliner and the A-pillar cladding instead of 10 minutes with the bike pump - oh well, live and learn.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/23/2007 9:46 PM
phoenix44

RE: Sunroof Drain Pipe Blocked

Marcelc - 5/23/2007 9:04 AM

I found the front passenger footwell soaking wet the other night after some heavy rain and diagnosed a blocked sunroof drain pipe.

I undid that corner of the headliner and the A-pillar cladding and was able to remove the drain pipe from the sun roof and blow whatever the blockage was out.

I got it all back without leaving any visible signs that I had been in there, but instead of being happy with myself, I could have kicked myself all round the ML, because I could have achieved the same results with an adaptor to my bike pump; I could have blown out the blockage from the top when the pipe is quite easily accessible if you stand on the front seat and look through the open sunroof.

Anyway, it took ages to dry it out and it is OK now, I am posting this here so that others may learn from my mistake. I spent 90 minutes in the dark struggling with the door seals, the headliner and the A-pillar cladding instead of 10 minutes with the bike pump - oh well, live and learn.

Not a mistake Marcelc! A learning experience that has made you a better person for it AND, a teacher to the rest of us!!
#75448 - in reply to #75370
Author
Posted 5/24/2007 6:10 AM
Marcelc

RE: Sunroof Drain Pipe Blocked

phoenix44 - 5/24/2007 2:46 AM

Not a mistake Marcelc! A learning experience that has made you a better person for it AND, a teacher to the rest of us!!

Thanks, that was the intention.
#75491 - in reply to #75448
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1