Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Trip Computer

Page 1 of 1 1
Trip Computer
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/5/2007 6:02 AM
sub27

Date registered: Jun 2007
Vehicle(s): ML270CDi 2003

Trip Computer

First let me introduce my self, my name is Silva and I'm Portuguese, so sorry for my English.
I will try to explain my problem.
I have a ML270CDi 2003, and I had the same problem most of you had with the light's in the trip computer.
My car is under warranty and I ask to change the trip computer in Mercedes Benz in Germany where I'm living at this moment, they change the display and after that my trip computer never more give me the real data. For instance, if I fuel the tank to the top, I get the capacity to run for 1168 Km (impossible as you know 650km maximum), and when I get the information of fuel for 300km I allready get my yellow light for fuel reserve in the instrument panel. The average in liters per Km, is 7,5lts/100km in the computer, and in the reality I spend 10,1 lts/100km.
The responsable for Mercedes tell me that is a construction problem, and he is waiting for a solution because he try with another computer and the result is the same, but I check in the net and in a lot of foruns and I don't find any one with this problem.
They allready change the fuel sensor.
I really like to find some help, thanks and I'm sorry for my English.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/5/2007 9:23 AM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew
RE: Trip Computer

I would certainly entertain the possibility that they installed a defective trip computer. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
#77368 - in reply to #77348
Author
Posted 6/5/2007 9:56 AM
sub27

Re: Trip Computer

That's my ideia, but I went on the workshop two times, and the second time they told me they change to another computer and still the same.
They also told me, that they ask for this problem to Berlin and Stutgard and nobody knows what to do. For me it's very strange a company like Mercedes don't get the solution for it's own problem. For me it's a software problem, but more strange is the fact I am the only one with this kind of problem.
#77371 - in reply to #77348
Author
Posted 6/5/2007 11:08 AM
Marcelc

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Trip Computer

sub27 - 6/5/2007 11:02 AM

First let me introduce my self, my name is Silva and I'm Portuguese, so sorry for my English.
I will try to explain my problem.
I have a ML270CDi 2003, and I had the same problem most of you had with the light's in the trip computer.
My car is under warranty and I ask to change the trip computer in Mercedes Benz in Germany where I'm living at this moment, they change the display and after that my trip computer never more give me the real data. For instance, if I fuel the tank to the top, I get the capacity to run for 1168 Km (impossible as you know 650km maximum), and when I get the information of fuel for 300km I allready get my yellow light for fuel reserve in the instrument panel. The average in liters per Km, is 7,5lts/100km in the computer, and in the reality I spend 10,1 lts/100km.
The responsable for Mercedes tell me that is a construction problem, and he is waiting for a solution because he try with another computer and the result is the same, but I check in the net and in a lot of foruns and I don't find any one with this problem.
They allready change the fuel sensor.
I really like to find some help, thanks and I'm sorry for my English.

I have a 2002 270CDi, if I fill the fuel tank I get a readout of about 1000Km but in reality I rarely get even to 800Km, it has always been like that; the fuel light comes on with about 150Km worth left in the tank.

Do you have a non-standard size fuel tank? or maybe the version coding of the AAM(?) is set wrong, maybe the fuel guage thinks it is a petrol engine or the ML400 instead of the ML270?

Normally, if Mercedes techs cannot fix a problem they escalate it to the factory, you can do the same if you phone the Mercedes Assist number - whatever that is in Germany.

Don't apologise for your English, I just hope your German is as good!
#77379 - in reply to #77348
Author
Posted 6/6/2007 3:23 AM
sub27

Re: Trip Computer

thanks for your contribution.
I think everything is OK with my car, they check everything, they change the fuel sensor and the trip computer two times, it´s a software problem, I wonder if someone else have this kind of probelm because they told me that I am not the only one in this situation and I still wait for the solution. I send this post, because somethimes there is a combination of procedures to reset something and someone could know.
thank's
#77465 - in reply to #77348
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1