Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Warning - Manual SLK and Car Mats

Page 1 of 1 1
Warning - Manual SLK and Car Mats
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 8:15 AM
beverage

Date registered: Dec 1899
Warning - Manual SLK and Car Mats

Just a warning out there to anyone who drives a manual and also purchased mats for their car - the clutch pedal can stick under the car mat, as I discovered last night

Was changing from second up to third, and when I raised my clutch foot the clutch did not come with me!?!?!? Bit of a shock to say the least.

So I will now be investing in some velcro to stick the mat down with!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 9:48 AM
Andy747

Re: Warning - Manual SLK and Car Mats

Hi Bev,

I've a manual also but had mats included when I purchased. They provided the proper MB mats with a nice chrome logo:). There's also two plastic studs which attach to pop studs on the floor of each side. These stop the mats moving left, right, back or forward. Never had a problem with them getting stuck but did have in other cars.

Do you have the original MB mats or aftermarket ones? Can post pics if you need to see what they look like.
#8337 - in reply to #8287
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 11:44 AM
beverage

Andy747 - 5/4/2006 2:48 PM

Hi Bev,

I've a manual also but had mats included when I purchased. They provided the proper MB mats with a nice chrome logo:). There's also two plastic studs which attach to pop studs on the floor of each side. These stop the mats moving left, right, back or forward. Never had a problem with them getting stuck but did have in other cars.

Do you have the original MB mats or aftermarket ones? Can post pics if you need to see what they look like.

These are the official MB mats, which were installed in the car when it was purchased. I double-checked to make sure that the plastic studs were still locked and in place - and they were. There's a large flap of mat behind the pedals, and for some reason these had ridden up and was trapping the clutch pedal.

Not good really, but least it wasn't anything terminal
#8371 - in reply to #8337
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 12:57 PM
Andy747

Went out to examine mine after reading your post and I see where the problem lies. There is a large flap which could obstruct the pedal. Thankfully it didn't do any harm on this occasion.

Mine seems to be sitting flush with the floor so hopefully it stays there!!

Thanks for the heads up.
#8394 - in reply to #8287
Author
Posted 5/5/2006 7:55 AM
beverage

Andy747 - 5/4/2006 5:57 PM

Went out to examine mine after reading your post and I see where the problem lies. There is a large flap which could obstruct the pedal. Thankfully it didn't do any harm on this occasion.

Mine seems to be sitting flush with the floor so hopefully it stays there!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, mine used to sit flush quite happily, so not a clue what is causing it to do this
#8927 - in reply to #8394
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1