Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : RF key interference bulletin

Page 1 of 1 1
RF key interference bulletin
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/5/2006 1:09 PM
Wolfgang

Date registered: Dec 1899
RF key interference bulletin

Just found this floating around...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/5/2006 5:13 PM
rudeney

RE: RF key interference bulletin

I’ve noticed in the last few days, since putting the new Lexus “smart key” on my ring, that the Ml’s RCL function is a bit flaky.  I never had this problem when I had other MBZ keys or the Audi key on the ring.

#9147 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/5/2006 7:22 PM
Wolfgang

I just had the reverse experience a couple weeks ago when I had to drive a new Camry. It mostly needed several pushes on the remote to get the trunk to pop open...

Here's more about remote keys:

#9178 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/5/2006 11:57 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: RF key interference bulletin

odd. What I really want to know is on my ML when I get out of the car it will lock its self after a few mins. But what is odd when it is parked in my garage the car will never auto lock its self. Is it just me or does my car know that it is home?
#9293 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 12:16 PM
samhmbz

Our cars are not that smart yet.......you are saying that your ML locks itself w/o you pressing the remote when you exit the vehicle ?
Sam
#10685 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 2:30 PM
Noodles

I have seen other posts about this from time to time. It has not happened to us in 8 years and two MLs. I don't know what to make of it.
#10752 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 4:27 PM
sin0822

yeah mine does the same thing
#10803 - in reply to #8995
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 5:00 PM
AndrewAZ

samhmbz - 5/8/2006 9:16 AM

Our cars are not that smart yet.......you are saying that your ML locks itself w/o you pressing the remote when you exit the vehicle ?
Sam

yes if I don't lock my car when I get out of it it will either lock really fast or take a few minutes to lock. Sometimes it annoying since I will get out of the car and be talking to someone and have to get something out of my car and I will have to unlock it. It does all the normal things when you push the button the lights flash and what not but I didn't push a button. This will happen when my cars in the driveway but as soon as I pull it in the garage it wont lock its self. I think my car is haunted. Mostly I notice it when I was my car since i put the towels to dry the car on the front seat, I will close the door and a few mins later the lights will flash and I will have to fumble around with my wet hand to get the key to open it.
#10807 - in reply to #10685
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 5:03 PM
rudeney

Noodles - 5/8/2006 1:30 PM I have seen other posts about this from time to time. It has not happened to us in 8 years and two MLs. I don't know what to make of it.

There did seem to be some problems with the early model years locking themselves.  On all models, if you unlock the doors with the remote but do not open any of them, they will automatically re-lock after a few minutes.  I believe there is something that goes wrong that makes the AAM erroneously go into this mode and thus the doors lock ”automatically”.  I recall on the early days of the M-Class Mailing List, owners were getting locked-out while at the gas station after leaving their keys in the truck.

#10809 - in reply to #10752
Author
Posted 5/8/2006 7:11 PM
Wolfgang

rudeney - 5/8/2006 2:03 PM

Noodles - 5/8/2006 1:30 PM I have seen other posts about this from time to time. It has not happened to us in 8 years and two MLs. I don't know what to make of it.

There did seem to be some problems with the early model years locking themselves.  On all models, if you unlock the doors with the remote but do not open any of them, they will automatically re-lock after a few minutes.  I believe there is something that goes wrong that makes the AAM erroneously go into this mode and thus the doors lock ”automatically”.  I recall on the early days of the M-Class Mailing List, owners were getting locked-out while at the gas station after leaving their keys in the truck.

As I remember there's an option for autolocking the doors after driving off, and when enabled the system sometimes got confused. Mercedes then recommended to not enable the option.

#10873 - in reply to #10809
Author
Posted 5/9/2006 9:06 AM
phoenix44

The only times my ML locks itself is when I het about 10KPH, and as already stated, if I unlock but don't open any doors. Never had it lock on it's own any other time.

My wife used to have a VW Golf, and it also had the auto lock feature when driving, but it would also lock itself even after doors had been opened, which did lead to her keys getting locked in the car. Good idea to have a spare set handy if possible.
#11179 - in reply to #8995
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1