Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : TO ALL WHO DROPPED / LIFTED THEIR ML

Page 1 of 1 1
TO ALL WHO DROPPED / LIFTED THEIR ML
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/7/2007 4:38 AM
CAHEK

Date registered: Jul 2006

TO ALL WHO DROPPED / LIFTED THEIR ML

i was looking through few related forums and sites but to no avail.

my understanding is that after installing shorter (drop) or longer (lift) springs the right and left control arm holding the shock will slightly go up or down. am i right here?

if yes then here goes the dilemma. we either need to adjust the sway bar to the new position so that the oem end links would fit in to the new space or we have to leave the sway bar as it is and get the shorter (drop) or longer (lift) end links.

what is the proper solution? i tend to think that changing the sway bar angle may not be the only decision, because the rotation angle will be relatively small (35-40mm down or up) so that nothing will be affected.

or is getting the new shorter or longer end links the only way to go? 

what do you all think?

Edited by CAHEK 10/7/2007 4:41 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/5/2007 9:08 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: TO ALL WHO DROPPED / LIFTED THEIR ML

I don't believe that the amount of drop you get from a H&R spring and the torsion bar adjustment for the fronts makes any difference at all. Infact, imagine the ML out in the bushes going through it's 4WD functions. The wheels travels compress and extend the spring a lot more than a H&R drop. And the vehicle is supposed to withstand this "battering" cycle during its life!!! Now, if the drop is more drastic then there's really no option than to tinker with the control arms. And that's why there's really no ML tuner out there that has been successful in offering a lowered ride that's driveable. I believe Renntech's solution is the way to go - they change a few hardware and relocate a few points to offer an acceptably lowered ML.
#95080 - in reply to #91204
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1