Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Water from the A/c condenser?

Page 1 of 1 1
Water from the A/c condenser?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/8/2007 10:15 AM
sst

Date registered: Dec 1899
Water from the A/c condenser?

I notice some water under the front passenger side after a drive with A/c on. Is this normal and is the condenser on the fron passenger side?
Just trying to confirm.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/8/2007 11:04 AM
Marcelc

RE: Water from the A/c condenser?

sst - 10/8/2007 3:15 PM

I notice some water under the front passenger side after a drive with A/c on. Is this normal and is the condenser on the fron passenger side?
Just trying to confirm.

Thanks

The condenser is on the same side as the cabin air filter (my ML is right-hand drive so I am not sure about which side it is on on a left-hand drive ML), but I think that is the passenger side (as it is on mine).

My condenser drain pipe became blocked, it was quite easy to see where it exits the bottom of the condenser and passes through the front bulkhead into the engine compartment. It was not hard to remove the pipe and blow the blockage clear and it has been OK since.
#91340 - in reply to #91334
Author
Posted 10/8/2007 12:11 PM
Marcelc

What I should have made clear is that it is only necessary to remove the pipe from the condenser end and blow through that, it is not necessary to remove the entire pipe.
#91344 - in reply to #91340
Author
Posted 10/8/2007 4:36 PM
Mike's ML

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle(s): . 1990 190E 2.6, 1998 ML320, 2005 ML500SE

Marcelc - 10/8/2007 11:04 AM

Just trying to confirm.

Thanks

The condenser is on the same side as the cabin air filter (my ML is right-hand drive so I am not sure about which side it is on on a left-hand drive ML), but I think that is the passenger side (as it is on mine).

My condenser drain pipe became blocked, it was quite easy to see where it exits the bottom of the condenser and passes through the front bulkhead into the engine compartment. It was not hard to remove the pipe and blow the blockage clear and it has been OK since.
The Condenser is the device in front of the radiator in the front of the vehicle. The Evaporator is the device inside the vehicle, near the cabin air filter, which cools the air. Are you talking about water near the front of the vehicle or near the right front tire?
Mike
#91398 - in reply to #91340
Author
Posted 10/8/2007 4:39 PM
Marcelc

Mike's ML - 10/8/2007 9:36 PM

Marcelc - 10/8/2007 11:04 AM

Just trying to confirm.

Thanks

The Condenser is the device in front of the radiator in the front of the vehicle. The Evaporator is the device inside the vehicle, near the cabin air filter, which cools the air. Are you talking about water near the front of the vehicle or near the right front tire?
Mike

OK, I was confused. I thought sst meant water inside the car, but now I see he was talking about water outside the car which is normal as far as I know - sorry about that!
#91400 - in reply to #91398
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1