Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : a/c does not work... what else to check

Page 1 of 1 1
a/c does not work... what else to check
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/25/2007 8:31 AM
sgtpepperaut

Date registered: Jan 2007

a/c does not work... what else to check

checked the pressure which actually was a little to high so i let off some pressure by pressing the valve under the hood close to the firewall at the passenger side. a/c lights comes and blower is on.

what now? its still not blowing cold air. since there is pressure in that line i can rule out any leakes right? ...could it be some kind of sensor problem since the pressure was to high initally. i recently refilled the a/c and probaly added to much refrigirant...it worked fine until now.

thx for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/25/2007 11:48 AM
Tarydesign

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: a/c does not work... what else to check

Silly question, but you checked the fuses?? Does the AC light come on inside the vehicle? Does your AC compressor have an electric clutch?? Does the Clutch get power when you turn the car on (Not start) and turn on the AC (You should hear a click) or you can start the car and let it idle, turn the AC on and off, see if the revs change in sync with your actions, this means the compressor is drawing power from the engine ie the clutch is working and the compressor should be compressing. Then, are you sure they put AC gas?? If the pressure was too high, maybe a seal inside the compressor has gone??

Another silly one.. are you sure the heater is not stuck on/part on?
#93667 - in reply to #93652
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1