Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Broken tansmission 722.666 ml 400 cdi twice.Help!

Page 1 of 1 1
Broken tansmission 722.666 ml 400 cdi twice.Help!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/3/2007 4:14 PM
amijim

Date registered: Dec 1899
Broken tansmission 722.666 ml 400 cdi twice.Help!

Hi there,
i have a w163 ml 400 cdi .it has 125.000km about 70.000 miles.model 2003.
i was driving OK ,and the computer stopped me because engine needed 1,5 liter of oil.I stopped at a gas station,opened the hood and i had forgotten to close the oil cap from last time i changed the oil.Thanks god i did not lose the cap i said,but all missing hot oil was all over engines wirep.put the cup and continued my trip,150km more.Then i stopped for a coffee brake.turned off the engine.
After half an hour i started again and after 200meters the gear got stuck in 1st.Turned of the engine,tha gear box would work from first to drive for 5 mins ,and the car would drive.after 5 min it got stuck to D.Turn on and off the enigne for 10 times inorder to get to a gas station.there i spayed with air the engines wires covered in oil,and from that moment the car stuck to D.i had it towed.
authorised dealer and service .
they fixed it ,and the bill i got was 1500dolars.
chaged ECU of the transmission,about 6-10 valves from the transmission,and an oil pump from the transmission.i know for sure that they removed the plastic black closure under the transmission.
i got the car ,everything OK.after 200km of highway road,same problem ,transmission stuck to D.This time i was hearing some metal noises from the transmission.could not feel anything to my leg,only i was hearing.stopped to a gas station ,and under the truck there was a major leaking of valvoline.all my root since the D stuck gear was full of valvoline dripping.the truck could harly move.
towed it to the same MB dealer,and they told me that the house of the transmission,the core,torque converter and the whole mechanicals are melted ,with many graphite chips around it.i though newer w163 models had the magnet.
no transmission light light up in the computer at any time.
now ,they ask me 8000 dollars for transmission and transfer case and torque converter.
others tells me that these all melted because of the transmission oil leakadge.
i say the answear is simple.
Are the 10 transmission vlaves,the ECU of the transmission and theoil pump to blame for the leakadge?
maybe some bad aftermaket or bad o ring,maybe wrong tight in,maybe human mecahnical mistake.
i cannot beleive that all that melted because of bad quality of MB as they suggestes.The car was driving OK
,and oil poured over the wires of the engine.why the hell did they change the valves and the pump?maybe ofr the $1500 bill.tought luck though ,they messed my whole car.
should i blame them ,or mercedes is a much of junk as official dealer says so.
car 2003 model ,70.000 high way miles,no trailers no off road.
how should i react,and what should i change to have my w163 back in the old good days.
what is your opinion.
i maybe be wrong for the transfer case.it may has no damage,i remember him telling me that it is a closed machinery,but i dont remeber if it is bad.Now that i am becoming a mechanical expert ,i could ask for more explanations.
forgive me,i paid for a mercedes benz,for quality responsibility not only from the car company ,but also from the authorised service dealers.I PAID what MB asks to count on their word and trust.
as they say,MB is much of a crap ,and that it could happen total transmission damage from the 70.000 miles milage every day high way usage ,with every authorised service since day 1 ,and not the current leakadge after they serviced it.but i wont buy it.
we have 4 MB cars in the familly,let alone the , 1519 ,unimog trucks 1113 working since 1975
,no probs until when i really needed service,not just changing oil and filters.
,should i forget lovely mercedes,or the dealer?
thank you ,and sorry for the long post,i am very frustrated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1