Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class DIY Forum : Crank Position Sensor???

Page 1 of 1 1
Crank Position Sensor???
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 10/14/2024 5:09 PM
G4me
Veteran

Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle(s): 2002 G500, FJZ80 LandCruiser
Crank Position Sensor???

Guys,

It has been awhile since I have been on the forum as my 2002 G500 has been running well. Last night while driving home I had the loss of power and was able to get my vehicle into a parking area on the side of the road. As I pulled in it died. It would not restart. It would crank and catch for 1/10 of a second and then die. This had happened to me once before in May of 2020 at 104K. Last time after a 20 minute cool down the truck restarted and I was able to drive it home. I replaced the OEM CPS with the Bosch unit.

I thought it was the CPS again this time so I let it cool for 20 -30 mins to the point I could touch the exhaust. Still would crank but not run. So not classic CPS. Truck was towed to the house, sat over night and starts/runs just fine. Classic CPS? The thing that concerns me is the CPS has only been installed for 4 years and 24K miles. Seems early for a failure. No CEL or malfunctions on dash and no codes when checked with a generic OBDII reader. Which suggests CPS or it was just a fluke electrical interruption. Is there a way to check the CPS (ohms or ?) to confirm that it is going bad?

I have a spare one that I can install but it leaves me suspect to take it very far from home. Others things I should be checking?

Thanks
Dave
G4Me
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1