Page 1 of 1 1
Mog UK
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/29/2006 4:29 PM
minmog

Date registered: Dec 1899
Mog UK

Jumping on the coatails of the excellant work Shaggy did in organising Mogstock do you think there is a big enough following in the U.K. to form a club? Perhaps Jim could be persueded to make this his next project?!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/29/2006 5:14 PM
Gareth Coe

RE: Mog UK

I'd consider joining, but where would club meets be held?  I think the current numbers of Moggers in the UK who have enough of an interest in their machines to make the effort is reflected in the attendance at Mogstock - 8 Mogs, plus 1 Iveco, 1 Lada and 1 Land Rover.  This was the first time anything like this has been attempted in GB so I'm sure the next one will be bigger.  I think the only way British Moggers could keep in touch would be over the wibbly wobbly web, on forums such as this.  So, tell everyone you can about PointedThree.com ;)  Manfred from Westfield came without a Mog (not sure why??) and at least one other Mogger had to pull out at short notice.  Start saving your pennies and come to Mogstock2 - everyone at Mogstock agreed it was a great event and we are all looking forward to the next one

If we had a UK Mog Club, what would be the benefits of membership?

Gareth

#17327 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 5/29/2006 5:37 PM
minmog

I agree Gareth, pub meets are out of the question but maybe someone with computer talents like jim could put together a site like the rocky mountain moggers which could be a database for U.K. mog owners specifically. I'm sure there are alot more than 8 mog owners in the U.K. who would be interested in such a site. I would have ago myself but as your aware I'm a computer dunce! Maybe Manfred could be pursueded to put in a flyer with his parts telling U.K. owners about it to drum up interest? It would be nice to talk U.K. owners about U.K. things like which gear oil supplier to use because I'll be buggered if I'm importing the stuff from the states!! Do see where I'm coming from?
Cheers, David.
#17337 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 5/29/2006 5:58 PM
Gareth Coe

Yes, I do see where you're coming from

I think we could use this site to begin with.  We can share info with other Moggers worldwide for mechanical issues, and when it grows into something bigger we could then start to think about going it alone.  You're right about there being more than 8 Mogs in Britain, it's just that the interest in getting together isn't THAT great (yet).  I'll drop a line to Manfred, asking if he wants to support PointedThree (I doubt if he's got time to set-up his own thing) and perhaps you could do the same

#17349 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 3:30 PM
shaggy

Re: Mog UK

Hi all,

Sorry to have gone quiet, a fair amount going on over here recently.

I have been chatting with the midlands crew about a venue own there somewhere.

We can hire a site incluing insurance for £700 - which seems maybe a little steep? One benefit of having a club is it would make insurance easier. I'm not fussed for insurance myself, but it seems a requisite for many sites.

The main sticking point for mogstocks will be sites - an acre or two to camp, and at least 10 to play in, more is better.

I'll carry on looking (september?) and see if anything turns up.

jim

PS - Ingrid passed her HGV test and now has plates. Can lose that pesky "Q" plate now.

#24297 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 6/24/2006 1:39 PM
poptopshed

Hi Jim. Good news that she passed! Hectic here too, we have another 4 post ramp now bigger than the old one and the plan is to start swapping them over this weekend, the bigger one will be more upto the job of levitating mogs and other big toys.
I have been doing some digging and have started to draw up a list of numbers to try for Mogstock 2.

Catch you later.

jon
#26158 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 6/27/2006 3:54 PM
Gareth Coe

poptopshed - 6/24/2006 6:39 PM ...and have started to draw up a list of numbers to try for Mogstock 2.

I like the sound of that!  Does this mean Mogstock 2 could be a little closer to us Southern softies?

#26972 - in reply to #26158
Author
Posted 7/1/2006 4:29 AM
shaggy

We were aiming for midlans this time for you soft southern shandy drinkers.

Mark also found a site - £700 for weekend camping, one days use of a track and insurance. Half of it is insurance

jim
#28031 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 7/7/2006 2:10 PM
Gareth Coe

shaggy - 7/1/2006 9:29 AM Half of it is insurance jim

Yeah, that seems to be the problem with everything these days :(   That and those lovely people from health & safety

Right, I'm off to pour myself another shandy

#29540 - in reply to #28031
Author
Posted 8/3/2006 3:38 AM
g-class merv

Put my name down for the moguk outfit! got a 404 we play with here!
#35058 - in reply to #17315
Author
Posted 8/5/2006 6:19 AM
mortinson
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): '98 G300TD LWB, '98 E300TD Saloon

g-class merv - 8/3/2006 9:38 AM

Put my name down for the moguk outfit! got a 404 we play with here!

Talking of which maybe you guys should speak to the GWOA and join their AGM sharing costs?

http://www.gwoa.co.uk

Cheers!
#35548 - in reply to #35058
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1