Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : Unimog : readers rides!!

Page 1 of 1 1
readers rides!!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/20/2006 5:55 PM
minmog

Date registered: Dec 1899
readers rides!!

Hey all from a very sunny Somerset. Just thought I'd post a couple of piccys of my project.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Obviously there is alot of work to be done on it but I'll get there one day. As some of you may have noticed I've moved the fuel tank just because I'm lazy at the filling station and got fed up of walking to the other side to fill up!! Also check out my homemade bumper fabbed from 6" C section girder that incorperates a steering guard. If anyone out there has a front seat they are willing to part with please let me know.
Regards, David.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/21/2006 11:42 AM
shaggy

Re: readers rides!!

Dig it!!!

Have you tried wheeling with some weight on the back? Ours (www.foodfight.org.uk/mog) got better and better as we put weight on it, including the crane and back bed, there's probably 600KG on there, makes a huge difference.

It means you can often run in 2 wd, and it feels more settled, lifts wheels less often. When we have a full back bed, we'll exeriment with weight.

Are you going to go delve into it, or just run it? We got carried away and proper took it to bits, they're wonderful to work on, all the stock stuff (except 1 hub) comes apart a dream.

jim
#32266 - in reply to #32122
Author
Posted 7/21/2006 1:57 PM
minmog

Funny you should mention the weight problem on the rear or lack of weight as the case maybe. I've just welded a tray that fits snuggly inbetween the rails of the bed frame which can be bolted in position above the rear axle and will be filled with concrete. Once the bed has been put back on no one will know the difference and I'm hoping the ride will be transformed. No I'm not going to the lengths that you've gone to Shaggy, I'm afraid I done have the resources to take on such a task. The only work I'm going to do on it is to rebuild the rear bed tart up the frame and all the drive train and axles etc. Most of the work will be to weld up the cab and repaint it. I have all the parts I need to complete the task apart from an elusive seat it's just a matter of time. So unfortunately you can count me out of MogstockII but next year I'll be there so look out those on the U.K. portal scene!!
Regards, David.
#32280 - in reply to #32122
Author
Posted 7/24/2006 3:40 PM
Gareth Coe

minmog - 7/21/2006 6:57 PM So unfortunately you can count me out of MogstockII

None of that kind of talk matey! You just get yerself along to Mogstock2, with or without a Mog. Seeing the rest of us is bound to inspire you

BTW: as you've made yourself a new bumper, does this mean you're without a pastie warmer?

#32785 - in reply to #32280
Author
Posted 7/24/2006 4:00 PM
minmog

Hi Gareth, I might just do that I need some inspiring! As for the pastie warmer? I guess you mean the heat exchanger, well it's still there but not for long as I'm trying to shift as much weight from the front as possible to make it more balanced offroad plus I don't have the original battery box that it supported anyway!!
Keep Moggin', David
#32787 - in reply to #32785
Author
Posted 7/25/2006 5:52 PM
Gareth Coe

minmog - 7/24/2006 9:00 PM I guess you mean the heat exchanger

That's right mate

At the first Mogstock Dave (AKA Mogscrapper) wrapped a pastie in foil and deposited it into the exchanger tube. Then after a few minutes of playing in the quarry he pulled-up on dry ground and retrieved said savoury - nice and hot! It's been known as the pastie warmer ever since

#32984 - in reply to #32787
Author
Posted 7/25/2006 6:03 PM
Gareth Coe

RE: readers rides!!

Well, as the name of this thread is "Readers' Rides" I thought I'd better do the decent thing. This is me with my Mog and Land Rover (Heidi) at Beltring.

and this is a nice Belgian Ambulance that was also there, although I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner

There - now if that doesn't inspire you nothing will

#32986 - in reply to #32122
Author
Posted 7/27/2006 7:20 AM
BenzDieselTuner

sweet!
#33251 - in reply to #32986